Sunday 22 May 2011

My ten cents worth...

I agree everyone is entitled to an opinion. Hey, I'd like to see less old guys walking around in speedos at the beach but Im not going to scream it on a loud-speaker.
I'd like to see Pole dancing become an Olympic sport, but Im not going to start a parade about it...
The thing that shits me most about the "Say no to Burqas" mural is not Sergio's opinion because as I said, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. IT'S THE WAY HE'S SAYING IT.

As Ive said before, I put the burqa issue aside because I am not a Muslim woman and can not speak on their behalf. I do however resent ANY man who attempts to dictate to women, regardless or background or culture, what they should or should not wear in my community. And I also resent a mural that appears, to the outside world, to be the only voice of our community, when there are many voices and many opinions which do not get heard or seen above his shout.

I offer a different perspective. It's a blog - my blog. If you don't like it, don't read it.

2 comments:

  1. Why do you object to the way he says it? He's an artist, that's what they do.

    As for burkhas, well I tend to think that we don't need them in this country.

    Sure, people can have the right to wear what they want, but I'd like to have the right to see who I'm talking to.

    Or aren't pious muslim women supposed to talk to the najis kaffirs*?


    *najis = unclean
    *kaffir = derogatory name for infidels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im still laughing when you say "he's an artist". Just becasue he works with glass, doesnt mean he has any talent in street art or visual communication. If I painted a purple frog on my wall, is it art or just a painting of a purple frog?

    ReplyDelete