Friday 6 May 2011

No Disrespect Exhibition

I love Newtown! Last night I came acroos this poster for an exhibition opening last night
It featured a broad range of artists (and I mean real artists, not crappy ones like Sergio) who provided their artistic responses to the "say no to burqas" mural. It's fantastic with everything from performance art, video art and spoken word performances.
Organised by a fabulous group of local activists, the Justice and Arts Network (JAAN) and Sydney Muslim Youth among others, I was incredibly proud to be part of the Newtown community again and it reminded me that a great swell of promising and active young people have the energy and desire to speak out against the oppression this mural represents.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming and supporting us, and thanks for plugging the event too! :) Love the blog :)

    ReplyDelete